Baked Lobster & Brie Dip
Photo: Donna Griffith
By Joanne Lusted
Hands-on time: 25 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups baby spinach, lightly packed
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cooked lobster meat
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat Brie cheese, diced (about 7 oz)
- 2 tbsp each chopped fresh chives and flat-leaf parsley
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Cooking in batches if necessary, add garlic and spinach and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until spinach is just wilted. Transfer to a colander, allow to cool for 2 to 3 minutes and gently press to drain excess water. Cool to room temperature and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Add mozzarella, yogurt, cream cheese, lemon juice and cayenne to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until thoroughly combined. Using a spatula, scrape cheese mixture into bowl with spinach. Stir in lobster, Brie, chives and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer dip to a shallow ovenproof casserole dish and place dish on a baking tray. Heat in oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until hot and bubbling. Remove from oven and let rest for 3 to 4 minutes.
For the accompanying Lemon Rosemary Cracker recipe, plus more than 200 other recipes, pick up a copy of The Best of Clean Eating 2!