Avocado Coconut ToastGirl vs Dough
(You save )
Avocado Coconut Toast
AUTHOR: ADAPTED FROM MARTHA STEWART
PREP TIME: 5 MINS
TOTAL TIME: 5 MINS
YIELDS: 4 SERVINGS
- 4 slices multigrain sandwich bread, toasted
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons toasted coconut flakes*
- Red pepper flakes, for topping
- 1 lemon wedge
- On each slice of toasted bread, spread 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Top each slice of bread with sliced avocado. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon coconut flakes on top of each, then sprinkle each with pinch of red pepper flakes. Finish with squeeze of lemon.
- *NOTE: To toast coconut flakes, heat small skillet over medium-high heat. Toast flakes in skillet, stirring often, about 3 to 5 minutes just until flakes begin to brown. Remove from heat.