Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza
Vegan BBQ Veggie Pizza has all of the flavors and texture a person could want.
For the BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 cup onion white, sliced
- 1/4 cup zucchini julienned
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms sliced and sauteed
- 1/4 cup potato grated and placed in ice water so it doesn't turn brown
- 1 teaspoons ginger root freshly grated
- 1/2 cup cauliflower cut into florettes and roasted
- You can click on the below pizza dough link to get the complete instructions but I wanted to add the ingredients so that the nutrition label would come out correctly.
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup warm water for the yeast
- 1 packet yeast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the BBQ Sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients.
Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat to simmer.
Cook, uncovered for 10 minutes. Stir frequently.
You may use any of your favorite pizza dough recipe or a pre-made pizza dough. here is a link to the pizza dough that I always make.
You can make it as thin or thick as you like.
For the Toppings
Slice onions, julienne zucchihi, grate ginger root.
Have a small bowl of ice water sitting but your work space. Grate the potato and pace in the ice water immediately. This keeps it bright white.
Cut cauliflower into small foretts. Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Stir and bake 5 more minutes. Remove and cool.
Melt 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet and add the sliced mushrooms. Saute for 10 minutes over medium heat.
Put it all Together and Enjoy!
Place dough in the center of the pizza pan. Push out with your fingers to the size that you like. You can go all the way to the edge for a thin crispy pizza or keep it smaller for a thicker pizza.
Spread the BBQ sauce all over the dough.
Squeeze out the grated potato and pat dry. Sprinkle all around the top of the pizza.
Sprinkle around the remaining toppings, zuke, onion, mushrooms, cauliflower and ginger.
Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until golden brown. Slice into eighths.