Ultimate Jalapeño Waffle Sandwich
Author: Little Rusted Ladle
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 C. Pancake and baking mix
- ⅔ C. Milk
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 5 Lg. Eggs, divided
- 1 Ea. Fresh jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 fresh breakfast sausage patties
- 1 C. Frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 4 Strips Bacon, cooked
- Pre-heat a waffle iron on high.
- In a medium size bowl, combine baking mix, milk, vegetable oil and one of the eggs. Stir until mixture is combined, but still slightly lumpy.
- Spray waffle iron with non-stick spray. Place 4-5 slices of jalapeño on each waffle pattern. Pour enough batter over jalapeños to barely cover the bottom of the waffle iron. Close lid and cook for 3-4 minutes or until waffles are golden brown.
- Carefully remove waffles from the waffle iron with a fork. Set aside. Repeat process until all waffle batter is gone. Reserve 4 waffles for the sandwiches and freeze or eat any remaining waffles.
- While waffles are cooking, combine two sausage patties together and form into a large patty. Repeat with remaining patties. Fry sausage patties in a non-stick skillet until browned and cooked through. Leave grease in pan and keep pan hot to use for hash browns. Drain sausage on paper towels, then keep warm until ready to assemble.
- Cook hash browns in the skillet used to cook sausages over medium heat until golden brown and crispy (about 15 minutes).
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs. Pour half of eggs into a large custard cup or microwave safe dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until eggs are set. Set aside and keep warm until ready to assemble. Repeat process with remaining eggs.
- To assemble:
- Place cooked sausage patties on two cooked waffles.
- Place one cooked egg patty on each sausage patty.
- Place half of hash browns over eggs, then place cheese slices over hash browns.
- Top with 2 strips of bacon and remaining waffle.
- Warm sandwiches in a oven preheated to 250 degrees. Serve when heated through.