Tuna Pasta Bake
- Tnapsbk - Recipe
- 250g pasta
- 2 x 400g cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato puree (tomato paste in the US, the thick concentrated one)
- 200g sweetcorn
- 2 x 185g cans tuna chunks (drained)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 50g parmesan
- salt and pepper
- 400ml semi skimmed or whole milk
- 1 ball mozzarella
- Pre heat the oven to 190C.
- Grease a 9x9 casserole dish with a little olive oil (I use my favourite pyrex one)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pasta, tomatoes, tomato puree, sweetcorn, tuna, garlic, parmesan and salt and pepper.
- Once well mixed, pour into the dish and flatten down.
- Pour over the milk, but don't mix it in.
- Cover with foil and carefully place in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- After 40 minutes the pasta should be nearly cooked.
- Tear up the mozzarella and top the pasta with it evenly, don't worry if there's a few gaps.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes without the foil, until the cheese is bubbly and beginning to turn golden.
- It may come out the oven slightly liquidy, I leave mine for 5 to 10 minutes before serving (the cheese is usually like lava anyway!)