TOMATO MOZZARELLA SALAD WITH BALSAMIC REDUCTION
Author: Katya @ http://www.littlebroken.com
- 4-5 hothouse tomatoes, sliced ½-inch thick
- 2 (16 oz.) logs of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced ½-inch thick
- generous bunch of fresh basil leaves
- extra-virgin olive oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- In a small casserole dish (I used 8X11X3) arrange slices of tomatos, mozzarella, and basil vertically, in an alternating patten until you have created two rows.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top of the salad, followed by drizzle of balsamic reduction.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
- In a small saucepan, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-low heat. Cook 20-30 minutes, partially covered, until balsamic vinegar has reduced to a thicker glaze.
- Cool and store covered in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before use.