- 2 pints strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 2 large cucumbers, roughly peeled and sliced thin
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- Wash the strawberries and cucumbers. Stem the strawberries and slice them. You can slice as thin or as thick as you want.
- Peel the cucumbers roughly (see photos). Slice thin with a knife or a mandolin.
- In a medium size bowl, layer the strawberries and cucumbers in a fan shape, one after the other. Keep going all the way around. I like the have the bottom tip of the strawberry slices poking out the top, because they are more red and thus prettier.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey. Drizzle over the salad and serve immediately.
- This salad can be prepared ahead of time, but don't dress it until right before serving.
- Store leftovers in an sealed tupperware. There will be quite a bit of liquid released if you have leftovers; I poured it on a green salad, and it was delicious!
More cucumbers and salads!
Cilantro Lime Cucumber Salad << one of the top recipes on The Food Charlatan!