SLOW COOKER LASAGNA SOUPSelf Proclaimed Foodie
(You save )
SLOW COOKER LASAGNA SOUP
4 hours 20 mins
Enjoy all the comfort of lasagna in this light and easy to make sausage, mushroom, spinach Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup topped with melted mozzarella cheese.
Author: Krissy Allori
Recipe type: main dish
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (23 ounce) jar Pasta Sauce
- handful raw spinach
- 3-5 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- freshly grated mozzarella (whole milk recommended) and minced basil or parsley
- In large saute pan, brown pork with spices over medium high heat. After it just begins to brown, add onion, stir, and allow to cook for several minutes. Add the mushrooms, stir, and allow to brown. When the sausage is nicely brown, crumbles, and begins to stick to the bottom of the pan, transfer everything to your slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth to saute pan and heat on high to release all that goodness that stuck to the pan. Transfer this to the slow cooker.
- Add the entire jar of pasta sauce.
- Cook soup on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 1-3 hours.
- minutes before serving, add spinach, lasagna noodle pieces, and heavy cream. Allow to cook until the noodles are al dente. To serve, top with mozzarella and minced herbs.