SKINNY LAUGHING COW ALFREDO SAUCE
Recipe type: Pasta
- 1 cup of fat free milk
- 6 wedges of Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese Wedges, cut up into little pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ of a yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Smart Balance Butter (or light heart healthy butter spread)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon freeze dried chives (or fresh would work too)
- In a medium sauce pan melt your butter and add your garlic and onion and cook until soft.
- Pour your milk and stir well.
- Add your Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and salt. Stir well.
- Let your mixture cook for about 15 minutes and use fork or spoon to make sure that your cheese is breaking up while cooking.
- Using a sifter (or you could mix it with a bit of water first) add your cornstarch to your liquid and stir well. Bring to a boil and then turn down and let simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add your chives and serve over pasta.