SHRIMP LINGUINE with PESTO CREAM SAUCE
Recipe by Emeril Lagasse, 2006
- Servings: 6 -8
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons Emeril’s Essence Bayou Seasoning, divided, recipe follows
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
While the pasta cooks, prepare the sauce. Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the butter and olive oil to the pan.
Add the onions and saute until softened and lightly caramelized, about 4 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cream, pesto, remaining tablespoon of Essence, remaining teaspoon of the salt to the pan and bring to a boil.
Cook the sauce until the cream is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Return the shrimp, linguine and the reserved cooking water to the pan and cook, tossing to incorporate for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pan from the heat and add the parsley and parmesan cheese and toss to blend.