Shrimp Linguine in a Tomato and Feta Sauce (aka Shrimp Saganaki Linguine)
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Servings: 4
A quick and easy shrimp pasta in a tasty tomato and feta sauce.
- 8 ounces linguine (gluten free for gluten free)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- red chili pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deviened
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring water to a boil in a large pot and cook the pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, add the onion and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chili pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and simmer for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and oregano and simmer until the sauce thickens, about 10 minutes
- Add the shrimp and and simmer until cooked, about 2-4 minutes.
- Mix in the feta, dill and parsley, season with salt and pepper and serve over the linguine.
Option: Add a splash of ouzo or other anise liqueur along with the tomatoes or 1/2 teaspoon ground fennel seeds with the garlic and chili pepper flakes for a hint of the exotic.
Option: Use 1 teaspoon dried dill instead of fresh and add to the sauce along with the oregano.
Tip: Serve with crusty bread to sop up any and all leftover sauce.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 422, Fat 9g (Saturated 3g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 159mg, Sodium 880mg, Carbs 56g (Fiber 4g, Sugars 8g), Protein 27g