If you are looking for comfort food with a healthy twist, you have come to the RIGHT PLACE! I mean - seriously. On a cold day, this will warm you right up and it was a BIG hit with my 5 year old and hubby - without any guilt!
1 hr 15 min
1 hr 30 min
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded zucchini (1 large should do the trick!)
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free quick oats
- 1/2 cup yellow onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano, dried
- 1/2 tsp parsley, dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- In gallon size ziplock (or large bowl), add all ingredients (except the sauce ingredients), seal the bag and mix well until combined
- Press the meat mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake 1 hour
- In small bowl, whisk sauce ingredients together. Remove meatloaf from oven, spread mixture over the loaf and return to the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 1/6 of the loaf is 1 Red, 1/4 (or so) Green, 1 sweetener spoon, 1/6 Yellow (if you want to get technical)
Adapted from TodaysTaste.com