- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbs honey
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (I used Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze)
- 1 ½ cup egg whites, divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- sprinkle of pepper
- 8 sausage patties (I used Morninstar Farms patties and sliced them in half), heated according to package directions
- 16 small, thin slices of your favorite cheese, about 7 oz total (I used gouda)
- Pure maple syrup (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon until combined. In a small bowl, whisk the vanilla extract, honey, eggs, and milk until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until the batter comes together. Add a tablespoon or two of milk if you like thinner pancakes.
- Spray a large sauté pan or griddle with cooking spray and bring to medium heat. Drop about 1 tbs portions of batter onto the pan or griddle. Cook the pancakes for about 1 minute on each side or until cooked to your liking. Place pancakes on a plate and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites with the salt and pepper. Pour half of the mixture into a large sauté pan (feel free to use the same one) over medium heat. Cook the egg whites for 2-3 minutes on 1 side. Then, flip the egg whites using a large spatula and cook for a minute on the other side. You should have one large egg white patty. Set aside. Pour the other half of the mixture in the pan and cook the same way. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut each patty into about 8 small pieces.
- To assemble the sliders, top 16 pancakes each with an egg white piece, ½ sausage patty, and cheese slice. Top each slider off with another pancake. Drizzle with maple syrup and/or dip the slider into a small side portion of syrup.
Nutrition Information (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 164 Fat: 6.5g Carb: 12.4g Fiber: .9g Protein: 13.3g Sugar 1.7g Sodium: 327mg
Weight Watchers Points (calculated on member website)
WW: 4 Points Plus