Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with AsparagusCrave. Taste. Eat
(You save )
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Asparagus
- 1 pound chicken breast, sliced thin (2-3 breasts)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons flour, or more
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/3 cup cream
- If the chicken breasts are thick, slit them in half lengthwise to make them thinner. Pat them dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle with salt and pepper; go easy on the salt, the prosciutto is salty.
- Rub the chicken with the flour. Wrap each piece of chicken with a piece of prosciutto.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil on medium. When it is hot, add the wrapped chicken. Cook for 5-6 minutes, then flip and cook for another 4-5 minutes or so, until browned and it reaches 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, add about 3 inches of water to a small pot, cover, and put it on to boil. Wash the asparagus and snap off the woody ends. Cut the asparagus into 2 inch pieces. Add to a steamer basket, and when the water in the pot is at a rolling boil, put the basket on top and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until tender. Immediately rinse with cold water to stop the cooking and set it aside. (If you don't have a steamer, you can roast the asparagus, or saute it with some oil).
- In a small bowl whisk together the pesto and cream. When the chicken is fully cooked, pour the mixture over the chicken, and add the asparagus. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn off the heat. Serve with potatoes or crusty bread.