Author: Katerina | Diethood
Serves: About 6 Servings
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 4 cups dry pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 (about 12 ounces) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1-pound fresh asparagus stalks, cut into 2-inch pieces (break off and discard the woody ends of the asparagus)
- 4-ounces Neufchatel Cheese, cut into a few pieces
- ¼-cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼-cup skim milk, optional
- Prepare pasta shells according to the directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat butter and olive oil in a large nonstick saute/frying pan.
- Add chicken, onions, and garlic; season with salt and pepper and cook over medium-high heat for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until chicken is browned and cooked through.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Stir in asparagus and continue to cook for 6 minutes, or until liquid has reduced and asparagus is tender.
- Drain pasta thoroughly and add to frying pan.
- Stir in Neufchatel Cheese and continue to stir until melted and everything is well combined.
- If the sauce seems a bit dry, add skim milk and continue to cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Transfer to serving plates and sprinkle with feta.
Read more at http://diethood.com/creamy-chicken-asparagus-shells-and-cheese-recipe/#ykX25zTaLSBsSrdp.99