PEAR, WALNUT, BLUE CHEESE ARTISAN PIZZA
Recipe type: Main
- 1 pizza dough crust that uses about 2 cups of flour, split dough in half after the first rise*
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced or shredded
- 1-2 ripe pears, sliced
- 1 ounce walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup blue cheese
- ¼ cup onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil for brushing crust
- Sprinkle of arugula
- Prepare pizza dough according to recipe and divide after first rise.*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chopped walnuts in a single layer on baking sheet. Toast in oven until slightly brown, about 5-10 minutes.
- Place pizza stone or pan inside oven and raise temperature to 500 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add diced onions and cook until caramelized, stirring occasionally, about 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Roll both pizza doughs out on a cornmeal surface. Brush with olive oil. Cover the pizza crusts in a layer of mozzarella cheese. Use all the cheese, equally distributing it over both pizzas. Top both pizzas evenly with pears, toasted walnuts, blue cheese, and caramelized onions.
- Transfer pizza to pan or stone and cook until cheese melts and crust turns golden brown, about 10 minutes per pizza. I cooked the pizzas one at a time. If you want to do both together, you’ll probably need to cook the pizzas a little longer. Keep on eye on them.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes, sprinkle with arugula, cut and serve!
*I recommend Naturally Ella's recipe
. You’ll need a total of about 2 hours to prepare the crust: 30 minutes to make the dough, 60 minutes for the first rise, and 20 minutes for the second rise.