20 minPrep Time
15 minCook Time
35 minTotal Time
- 1/3 cup small cubed pancetta (or bacon if you prefer)
- 4 or 5 large eggs (I used 4 but 1 egg had a double yolk!)
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Italian buns (or sliced Italian crusty bread)
- shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese (or cheese of preference)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling
- In a small bowl add eggs and a pinch of salt, beat well with a fork, set aside.
- In a medium size frying pan (the best non stick you have) add 1 tablespoon olive oil, and cubed pancetta, cook on low to medium heat until pancetta starts to brown. Add egg mixture, and with a wooden spoon mix egg with pancetta to combine. Let cook for approximately 7-10 minutes, with a plastic spatula carefully lift frittata on all sides and underneath to unstick. Using a large dish place it over the frying pan and flip the frittata onto the plate.
- Drizzle a little olive oil onto the frying pan and slide the frittata back into the frying pan, cook for approximately another 7-10 minutes, check underneath to make sure it doesn't burn. Remove from heat.
- While frittata is cooking, slice in half the buns (length wise) or use crusty Italian bread and toast on a pan grill, once the buns/bread are toasted remove and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
- Place a slice or two of frittata on the bottom slice of bun or on slice of bread, top with shredded cheese, shredded lettuce (or prepared salad if you prefer), another bit of shredded cheese and top with remaining half of the bun or slice of bread. Serve immediately. Enjoy!