Mini Pimento BLT Cheddar Biscuits
Try this delicious bite sized savory treat for parties or a simple weeknight dinner!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) heavy cream
- 1 cup pimento cheese
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 15-20 strips bacon
To make the cheddar biscuits:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F, with a rack in the upper third.
- To make the dough by hand: Grate or shred the cheese; you should have about 1 cup. Toss it together with the flour.
- Add the cream, stirring to make a cohesive dough. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface.
- Pat the dough flat 3/4" to 1" thick; the thicker the disc, the taller the biscuits.
- Use a 1 1/2" cutter (or the size of your choice) to cut rounds. Place the biscuits on your parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the tops of the biscuits with cream or milk (optional: this will help brown their crust.)
- Bake the biscuits for 10 minutes, until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oven.
Assemble the Biscuits:
- Slice each biscuit open (once cooled enough to handle).
- Spread with pimento cheese.
- Layer on bacon, arugula, and slice of cherry tomato. Top with other half of biscuit.
- Use a toothpick to skewer together. Enjoy!