HOMEMADE BUTTER BURGERS
Author: Honest and Tasty
Recipe type: Main
Serves: 4 butter burgers
- ½ pound Extra Lean Ground Sirloin Beef
- ⅓ pound Ground Wagyu Beef
- 1 Onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Butter, diced
- 4 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 8 slices of Cheddar Cheese (or American cheese if you like)
- 4 Hamburger Buns
Optional Toppings that I love:
- Sliced Pickled Jalapeños
- Chopped Raw Onion
- Caramelized Onions - To Make: Take a large onion and slice it. Put in a pan on medium heat with 2 tablespoons of butter. Stir occasionally. You can choose to put lid on while you’re not stirring. After onions are completely softened and browned, remove from heat. Should take about 25 minutes.
- Combine both beefs, onion, sea salt, and black pepper until ingredients are incorporated.
- If using cast iron, place the heat on med-low to medium. If using a nonstick pan, place the heat on med-high.
- Now take ¼ of mixture and form put some of the butter inside. Form into a thin patty and set on a plate.
- Continue with remaining beef.
- For every patty add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to your griddle/pan.
- Add patties right in and use a spatula to “smash” the beef down. This helps spread it a bit more to create more surface area that crisps up.
- After about 4-5 minutes or until beef is mostly cooked, flip and add 2 slices of cheese per burger.
- Cook for about 2-3 more minutes to sear opposite side and melt cheese. You can cover burgers with a lid to help melt cheese faster.
- Add buns to the griddle/pan (inside part down) at the end for about 10-20 seconds to warm up and slightly char the bread.
- Remove patties and buns from griddle/pan and put some mayonnaise on the bottom buns before putting patties on top. Add whatever toppings you like (I used caramelized onions, sometimes chopped raw onions, jalapeños, ketchup, and mustard).