INGREDIENTS FOR EASY HALLOWEEN SPIDER PIZZA
- 2 1/2 tspn rapid rise yeast
- 1 cup water
- 2 1/2 cups flour (best if you have bread flour, but all-purpose will work)
- 2 tblspn olive oil
- Pinch sugar
- 1 cup pizza sauce – I just use canned spaghetti sauce sometimes (or you can make it from scratch with this amazing recipe)
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 5 slices of pepperoni
- 10 black olives
- 10 green olives
- 4 cherry tomatoes
HOW TO MAKE EASY HALLOWEEN SPIDER PIZZA
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix yeast, flour and sugar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add water and olive oil. Mix thoroughly until dough is smooth.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and let stand for 5-10 minutes, depending on how thick you like your pizza.
- While that’s sitting, slice the cherry tomatoes into 40 (YES, 40!) very thin little slices.
- Slice 5 of the green olives and 5 of the black olives into thin little slices. Yes, 40, each, please. Those spiders need to have 8 legs each!
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured sheet of wax paper.
- Pat or roll into a round-ish shape (I am intrinsically unable to do this in a round way–its always a crazy amoeba). If you like a thick crust, be sure to leave the dough thick around the edge.
- Cover the center with pizza sauce, except for the edge, of course.
- Place a liberal layer of mozzarella cheese over the pizza sauce.
- Strategically place your 5 whole black and green olives and your 5 pepperoni slices over the pizza.
- Lay the 8 slices of green olive next to the green olives like legs.
- Repeat for the black olives.
- Place slices of tomato next to the pepperonis, too.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted and browned the way you like it.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for approximately 5 minutes.
- Slice and feed to your tiny monsters!