GROUND TURKEY STROGANOFF BAGUETTE SANDWICHES
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 25 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 40 minutes
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey, browned
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 6 oz. jar DeLallo Simply Pesto (sun-dried tomato & olive)
- 1/2 c. sour cream (optional)
- 2 baguette loaves, horizontally sliced
- 16 oz. fresh mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, green pepper, and mushrooms; cook for 4-5 mintues until soft. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook the ground turkey until browned, about 7-8 minutes. Add salt and pepper. Mix in the pesto and sour cream (optional, but holds together more when you use it).
- Cut bread loaves in half lengthwise. Brush with olive oil; sprinkle with garlic powder and toast/broil slightly.
- Lay bottom of baguettes in a 9x13 pan. Place the ground turkey mixture on top, adding sices of mozarella cheese. Broil for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Place the other half of baguette on top. Cut into 2-3 inch sub sandwich pieces; serve right away!