Grilled Fingerling Potato Salad with Chia Seed Ranch Dressing (vegan)
15 minPrep Time
25 minCook Time
40 minTotal Time
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons vegan mayo
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh dil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (we love organic chia seeds available from Chosen Foods)
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes, rinsed and cut in half
- salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- Cover the cashews with water and let soak for 30 minutes to soften them up. Once softened, add them to a high powered blender along with the sunflower seeds, mayo, water, lemon juice, parsley, dill, dijon mustard, garlic powder, and salt. Blend on high for 3-4 minutes or until completely smooth. This time will vary on how powerful your blender is. Stir in the chia seeds and then transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until you are ready to use.
- Add the potatoes to a large stock pot. Cover with water and season with salt. Bring the potatoes to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan over high heat. Brush the potatoes with olive oil and season generously with salt and black pepper. Grill the potatoes on each side until slightly charred, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from heat.
- Toss the potatoes with green onions and jalapeños. Drizzle with the chia seed ranch dressing and enjoy immediately or refrigerate for about 2 hours and serve cold.
I used a little more water to thin out the dressing. This decision is completely up to you based on the consistency you desire.