Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart with Rosemary and Mascarpone
Author: Kristen Stevens | The Endless Meal
- 1 homemade or store bought pie crust
- 5-6 medium tomatoes, sliced thick and squeezed gently to remove the pulp
- 1 cup goat cheese, mascarpone or a mixture of the two
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Optional: 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9" pie pan with pie crust. Let the edges drape down the outside of the pie pan a little for a more rustic look. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of the crust.
- In a small bowl mix goat cheese, mascarpone, rosemary, sea salt and optional lemon zest. Spread over the bottom of the pie.
- Layer tomatoes over the cheese mixture until the pie is completely full. Sprinkle with a little sea salt on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until crust is light brown and tomatoes are soft. If crust is browning too quickly, cover with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least 1 hour.
Some tomatoes are juicier than others. If the pie seems like it has too much liquid, carefully drain some of the liquid out of the pie. Remember that the pie will firm up significantly once it has cooled.