French Onion Chicken w/ Swiss Cheese
A Healthy recipe to try, French Onion Chicken! Sooooo yummy delicious! Perfect for your next dinner date too!
- Large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp grass-fed butter
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- leaves from 3 stems of thyme, chopped (about 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 Tbs whole wheat flour (or other flour)
- 1/2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 (4 oz each) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Sola Cajun Seasoning (click to order our favorite seasoning!)
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Swiss cheese
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions and cook, stirring frequently. As needed, add in small amounts of beef stock to keep the onions from burning as they caramelize. Cook until onions are very tender and caramelized (about 20-30 minutes). Stir in the garlic and thyme and saute one minute.
- Then sprinkle the flour over the onion mixture and stir until combined. Add in the rest of the beef stock and bring to a simmer. Then remove the pan from the heat and stir in balsamic vinegar. Pour onion mixture into a bowl and set aside.
- Return pan to stove and increase heat to medium high. Add in coconut oil. Season chicken liberally with Sola Cajun Seasoning, salt & pepper and sear in skillet for 3-4 minutes per side or until chicken is cooked through. Reduce heat to medium-low, add the onion mixture over the top of the chicken and then add the shredded cheese on top. Cover and let cook until cheese is melted down.
Inspired By Kristina Fit to Savor