Eggs Benedict Quiche
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 green onion
- 1 package Canadian bacon (8-10 slices)
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Flat leaf parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Add unbaked pie crust to a 9" pie dish.
- Finely chop green onion and cut Canadian bacon into small squares. Spread onions and Canadian bacon pieces evenly over the bottom of the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, pepper, and mustard powder. Pour over the onions and Canadian bacon in the pie dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the eggs are completely set. Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes before cutting into 8 slices.
To prepare the hollandaise sauce:
- Add egg yolks, lemon juice, dijon, and cayenne to a blender. Close lid and blend until smooth.
- Heat butter in a microwave-safe dish until melted, about 1 minute.
- While butter is hot, pour into egg yolk mixture in a thin stream while blending. Sauce should thicken quickly.
- Serve over warm quiche. Top with finely chopped parsley.
Nutrition calculations include hollandaise sauce.
Egbnqche - Recipes