Egg Salad & Cucumber Sandwiches
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 15 min.
MAKES: 6 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 12 slices sourdough bread, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add eggs; stir gently to combine. In another bowl, toss cucumber and dill. Spread egg salad over six slices of toast; top with cucumbers and remaining toast. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Egg Salad & Cucumber Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious July/August 2009, p35