EGG, GREEN CHILE AND CHEESE BREAKFAST TACOSRecipe Runner
(You save )
EGG, GREEN CHILE AND CHEESE BREAKFAST TACOS
Egg, Green Chile and Cheese Breakfast Taco Ingredients:
- 3 whole Eggland’s Best eggs + 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon milk
- ½ of a 4 ounce can diced green chiles, save the remaining chiles for the crema
- Salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese plus extra for topping
- 4 corn tortillas
Cilantro Lime Crema Ingredients
- ¼ cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ½ teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ of a 4 ounce can diced green chiles, uses the remainder from the taco filling
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ teaspoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the Cilantro Lime Crema ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the crema into a small bowl, cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a medium sized bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the Eggland’s Best eggs, milk, green chiles, salt, pepper and hot sauce.
- Heat a medium sized skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium-low heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and stir it around constantly with a rubber spatula until the desired doneness.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded cheese until it melts.
- Divide the filling evenly into 4 warmed corn tortillas and top with the cilantro lime crema.
- Serve immediately.