- 4 whole duck legs
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 juniper berries, crushed
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups duck fat, melted
- Mix all of the seasonings together and coat the duck pieces with the mixture. Place in a container or zip top bag and into the refrigerator for 24 to 72 hours.
- Brush off the excess seasonings.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- Place the duck legs in a single layer skin side down in a large pot. Pour the melted duck fat over top and place in the oven for 3 to 4 hours until the meat can easily be pulled from the bone.