CRUSTLESS GOAT CHEESE QUICHE
Author: Show Me the Yummy
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup onion (about ½ large onion), diced
- 1 cup packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup jarred roasted red pepper, diced
- 3 oz goat cheese, from the log
- 6 oz Cheddar cheese (split in half)
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion for 5 minutes. Add in spinach. Cook for 1½ minutes. Add in garlic. Saute for 30 seconds. Lower the heat to low and stir in roasted red pepper, goat cheese, and ½ of the cheddar cheese. Season with salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Whisk together 4 eggs and milk. Season with a touch of salt and pepper. Because we’ve already salted our veggie/cheese mixture.
- Stir together the egg and milk mixture with the veggie/cheese mixture.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a pan with cooking spray. I used an 8 in cheesecake pan, because I don’t have a pie tin ;)
- Bake for 15 minutes and then sprinkle with the rest of the cheddar cheese on.
- Bake for another 15 - 25 mins, or until the egg mixture has set. You can set this with a toothpick. Or you can see once the egg mixture isn’t jiggly. The time will vary depending on the size of your pan.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.