This Creamy Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese takes just minutes to prepare, contains two types of cheese, and is creamy, hearty, and delicious.
- 1 (16 ounces) pound cavatappi shells
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- In a large pot, cook noodles in boil water until al dente, per packaged directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium pot, melt butter. Then whisk in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Slowly add milk and heavy cream, whisking until combined.
- Heat mixture until it bubbles over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and add in cheeses. Stir until melted.
- Add pasta to cheese mixture and toss to combine.
- Let macaroni and cheese sit for five minutes to thicken.