Makes: 4 servings, about 1/2 cup each
Active Time:20 minutes
Total Time:20 minutes
- 4 ears corn, kernels cut from cob (see Tip)
- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper, (optional)
- Combine corn kernels, coconut milk and salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then adjust the heat to maintain an active simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until most of the coconut milk has evaporated, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro, lime juice and crushed red pepper, if using.
Tips & Notes
- Tip: To remove kernels, stand a cob on its stem end in a bowl and slice them off with a sharp, thin-bladed knife.
Per serving: 148 calories; 5 g fat (3 g sat, 0 g mono); 0 mg cholesterol; 24 g carbohydrates; 5 g protein; 3 g fiber; 178 mg sodium; 319 mg potassium.
Carbohydrate Servings: 1 1/2
Exchanges: 1 1/2 starch, 1 fat