Cilantro Lime Rice is the perfect side dish for Mexican Food night and a great copycat of Chipotle Restaurant!
Prep time: PT5M
Cook time: PT20M
Total time: PT25M
Yield: 6 Servings
- 2 teaspoons Olive Oil Or Cooking Oil
- 1/3 cup Onion, Finely Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 cups Long Grain Jasmine Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3 cups Water
- 1 whole Lime Juiced ( 2 tablespoons in case your limes not juicy)
- 1/3 cup Cilantro Leaves, Chopped
- In a large saute pan or pot with a lid add oil and onion. Cook over medium heat until onion starts to soften and becomes fragrant.
- Stir in garlic, rice and salt. Cook until rice starts to become translucent and garlic is fragrant.
- Stir in water. Cover pot and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook until rice has absorbed all of the water about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and fluff rice with a fork. Stir in lime juice and cilantro and serve immediately!