Chicken Meatballs With Pineapple Sauce
- 2 lb. ground chicken;
- 1 pineapple, diced;
- 1 egg;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- 1 tsp. onion powder;
- 1 tsp. garlic powder;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
Ingredients for the Pineapple BBQ Sauce
- 4 tbsp. ketchup;
- ¼ cup coconut aminos;
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced;
- ½ cup pineapple juice;
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced;
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes;
- 2 tbsp. raw honey; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper; (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- In a saucepan, bring all the ingredients for the pineapple BBQ sauce to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, egg, paprika powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
- Form the meatballs with your hands, roughly 2 to 3 tbsp. per meatball.
- Place the meatballs on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are completely cooked.
- Cook the diced pineapple for 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat in a skillet, add the chicken meatballs, and pour the pineapple BBQ sauce over the meatballs.
- Toss and stir for 4 to 5 minutes, until meatballs are well coated.