Cantaloupe and Brie Grilled Cheese
sliced sourdough bread
sliced brie cheese
peeled, seeded and thinly sliced cantaloupe
fresh thyme leaves, optional
salted butter, softened
1. Slather both sides of each slice of bread with butter.
2. Layer brie onto a piece of sourdough and top with pieces of cantaloupe. Top the cantaloupe with another thick layer of sliced brie.
3. Top the cheese with fresh thyme leaves, if using and top with another slice of sourdough.
4. Top grilled cheese with another slice of sourdough and gently press together.
5. Place a cast iron skillet over medium heat and melt a couple tablespoons of butter. Once the butter has melted and the skillet is hot, carefully place the grilled cheese into the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes or until the bottom is nicely toasted and some of the cheese has melted.
6. Flip the grilled cheese and continue to cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the bottom is toasted and the remaining cheese has melted.
7. Transfer grilled cheese onto a cutting board. Allow the sandwich to sit for 3 to 5 minutes before cutting the half and serving.