Broccoli and Cheddar QuicheSERVES 8-10
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 6 oz (3/4 block) sharp white cheddar, shredded
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk or half and half
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 pie crust
- Roll out the pie crust to fit a 9 inch pie plate.
- Chop the onion. Sauté in a small pan with the olive oil over medium heat until translucent.
- Roughly chop the broccoli. Combine with the cooked onion in a medium bowl.
- In another small bowl, crack all five eggs and lightly beat them. Add them to the broccoli and onion mixture. Add in the milk, shredded cheddar cheese, salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes-1 hour until the crust is golden, the quiche has set and is starting to brown slightly on top.