Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
Total time: 20 min
1 pack ready rolled puff pastry (don't make your own - it's Christmas)
dash of milk for brushing onto pastry
sprinkle of thyme or oregano to garnish (optional)
200g fresh cranberries
grated zest and juice of an orange
100g muscovado sugar (or to taste, depending on how tart you like it)
½ tsp ginger
½ tsp cinnamon
These are so quick and easy to make and may end up actually saving you time, as the Cranberry sauce recipe will make enough for the Brie bites with plenty left over for the turkey...
- Cut the pastry into small rectangles, approx. 3x4cm (bite sized). Lay on a greased baking sheet and brush with milk.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a pre-heated oven (gas 6/200°C). These can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container.
- Thinly slice the Brie into pieces just smaller than the pastry rectangles
- Remove pastry from the oven and cool.
- Top with Brie slices and place under a hot grill for 30-60 seconds until just melted - watch closely!
- Top with half a teaspoon of cranberry sauce and serve warm.
- Put all the ingredients into a pan and cook over a low heat, stirring gently until the berries begin to break up a little and the sugar is dissolved.
- Let the sauce bubble for 5 minutes or so, then cool and use. This will keep in the fridge for a week, or longer in the freezer.
Published: Novermber 25, 2013
Photographs: David Merewether
Recipes: Jo Arnell
Recipes Type: Starters