Serves 4 - 6
by Cooking with Cocktails
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless, skinless turkey breast
- 4 ounce wedge Brie cheese, rind removed
- 1/4 cup diced and cooked bacon
- 1/4 cup pickled beets, diced
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add shallot and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in thyme, rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Remove from heat; set aside to cool.
- Place the turkey breast inside a large zip lock bag. Pound until it’s nice and flat (about 3/4 – 1 inch thick).
- Sprinkle turkey with remaining salt and pepper.
- Place strips of cheese lengthwise down the center of the turkey. Add the shallot and thyme mixture, blueberries and bacon.
- Roll up the turkey to enclose the filling as well as you can. Heat oven to 400°F.
- On parchment lined baking sheet, roll puff pastry to a 15 x 10 inch rectangle.
- Place the stuffed turkey breast in the center of the puff pastry. With a sharp knife, cut horizontal slits (about 1 inch apart) on the edge of each side of the pastry dough.
- Fold each piece over the turkey breast and continue until the turkey breast is completely covered. Tuck the edges of the both sides in and pinch them well. Brush the puff pastry with the beaten egg.
- Place in the oven and cook for 70 minutes or until your meat thermometer reads 180 degrees.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.