Black Bean & Quinoa Stuffed Zucchini
Slightly Adapted - Author: Jen Nikolaus
Recipe type: Main Dish
- 3 medium zucchini
- ½ cup cooked quinoa - Cucina & Amore Quinoa (click here to purchase)
- ½ cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8-oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Heat zucchini for 5 minutes in the microwave. Set aside to let cool.
- Mix cooked quinoa - we use Cucina & Amore Quinoa (click here to purchase), cottage cheese, tomato sauce, black beans, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Cut each of the cooled zucchini in half and scrape the seeds out of the insides using a spoon.
- Fill each zucchini half with the black bean/quinoa mixture and place in baking dish.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Add the shredded cheese and bake until cheese has melted, about 5 minutes or less. Serve and enjoy!