Bite-Size Artichoke Dip Poppers
- Yield: 3 dozen
- Prep time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1 c mayonnaise
- 1 c grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp chives, chopped
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- wonton wrappers (about 3 dozen)
- vegetable oil
- Combine the artichoke hearts, mayonnaise, parmesan, juice of ½ of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the zest, a big pinch of salt and lots of freshly ground pepper in a food processor. Pulse together into a fairly smooth texture.
- In a deep, heavy-bottomed pot, preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, lay out the wonton wrapper (keeping the stack of wrappers covered with a damp paper towel.) Spoon a tablespoon of the dip into the center of the wonton wrapper, and then using a dampened finger, moisten the edges. Fold over, and without trapping air in the pocket, seal the popper. Repeat, covering the assembled poppers with a damp paper towel until finished.
- Fry the poppers for 2 minutes, until golden brown and crisp. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and season immediately with salt. Slice the remaining lemon half and squeeze over the poppers and enjoy.