BBQ Meatloaf Muffins with Sweet Potato Topping
Author: Simply Nourished Recipes
Recipe type: Paleo | Whole 30 | Main-Entree
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, ghee or butter
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350?.
- Place ground beef in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Melt 1 tsp. coconut oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften.
- Add garlic, cook 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add onion-garlic mixture to ground beef. Add barbecue sauce, sea salt, pepper and dried thyme. Using your hands or a spoon, mix well to combine.
- Divide meat mixture evenly among 8 wells of a muffin pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in the center.
- While meatloaves are baking, steam sweet potatoes until tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and puree sweet potatoes and coconut oil or butter in a food processor, or mash well with a fork.
- Scoop topping onto meatloaves or fill a plastic zip-top with topping, trim the corner of the bag with a scissors and pipe topping onto meatloaves. Or use a spoon to top.
- Drizzle with additional barbecue sauce, if desired.