BAKED SEAFOOD RAVIOLI WITH VODKA SAUCE
5 min Prep Time
55 min Cook Time
1 hr Total Time
We absolute love Jar Goods Vodka Sauce (please click link to order) so creamy & delicious!! Check out other sauces from Jar Goods here!
If homemade sauce is preferred follow this:
For the Vodka Sauce
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups vodka
- 2-28 ounce cans of crushed tomatoes
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
For the Baked Ravioli
- 1 20-ounce bag your favorite ravioli, boiled per manufacturer's instructions (
- We love stuffed ravioli's - We recommend using these to order from our site
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a dutch oven, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the yellow onion and cook until tender, about 6-7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the vodka, and cook until reduced by half, approximately 7-8 minutes. Add the crushed tomatoes (juice and all). Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Add salt and pepper, granulated sugar, oregano, thyme and crushed red pepper. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In batches, transfer the sauce to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth. Be careful, as the sauce is very hot. Cover the blender with a towel and hold as you blend. Transfer the sauce back to the dutch oven, and heat over medium-low heat. Add the heavy cream, basil and parsley. Stir to combine. Continue to cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 9x13in baking dish with a non-stick spray. Layer the cooked ravioli on the bottom of the dish. Top with 2 1/2 cups of the vodka sauce and sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Freeze or refrigerate the remainder of your vodka sauce.
- Bake the ravioli for 8-10 minutes or until the top is bubbly and melted.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!