Baked Garlic Parmesan Puffs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan (or more if desired)
- 1 tsp minced garlic (fresh or dried)
- 1/2 tsp Italian herb blend (dried thyme, oregano, rosemary)
- 1/2 tsp dries parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 sheet refrigerated puff pastry (I have easy Homemade Puff Pastry recipe if you want to do it by yourself)
- Preheat you oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or use a cast iron pan for a more crunchy texture.
- In a small pan, put olive oil, garlic powder or minced garlic, Italian seasoning, parsley, salt and peppers and mix just to combine. Heat for 3 minutes or until fragrant. We only want to extract the spices flavor, NOT toast the garlic (if using fresh). Set aside to cool completely.
- Roll out the puff pastry. Brush top with garlic mixture and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top, then roll into a thin log shape.
- Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes. This will make the cutting easier and will help maintain the shape when cut.
- Cut into 8 small rolls (diagonally) about 1 or 2-inch thick.
- Place the rolls onto the prepared baking sheet or cast iron pan and brush each with the remaining garlic and parmesan mixture. Sprinkle top with more parmesan cheese and paprika. It is best to use a baking sheet or pan with high side because the oil with come out while the puff bakes.
- Place into oven and bake until puffed and golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and remove oil dripping. You can also transfer it to another baking sheet or pan. Return to the oven and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, brushed with the remaining garlic and parmesan mixture.
Note: Check oven regularly when baking. If the top turns brown fast, cover top with aluminum foil and continue baking.
Makes 8 pieces