Mod Squad Martha
BAKED BRIE EN CROUTE WITH HONEY, CRANBERRIES AND PECANSHolidays
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed but still cold
- ⅓ cup good quality honey
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1 Brie wheel
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay the puff pastry out on a flat lightly floured surface and place the Brie in the center of the pastry to measure. Remove the brie and reserve,
- Add the honey, pecans and cranberries to the center of the pastry, where the brie is gonna go. Place the brie wheel on top of that.
- Gather up the edges of the pastry, gathering at the top and pressing it shut with your fingers. If there's excess dough, you can use it to make decorations to go on top of the Brie.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the egg yolk with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Flip the cheese over and place it (cranberry/pecan side up) on a greased baking sheet. Brush the entire pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes in the oven or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with crackers.
P.S. Wanna keep in touch? Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest to stay up to date with my posts! If you end up making one of my recipes, I would love to see it! Just take a photo and post it on your preferred Social Media and tag me or use the hashtag #oliviascuisine!