Avocado Hummus Taquitos
- 2 medium avocados
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup plain hummus
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese (Mexican blend would also be good)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the seeds. Use a large spoon to scoop the avocado out of it’s skin. Slice them into 24 thin pieces (each avocado half gets cut into 6 pieces).
- Warm the tortillas in a microwave for about 10 seconds to make them more pliable, if needed.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the hummus onto one of the tortillas about 1 inch from one of the edges. Spread the hummus into a 1 inch wide strip. Lay 3 avocado slices on top of the hummus. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cheese on top of the avocado. Tightly roll the tortilla around the filling, starting at the edge closest to the filling. Place the taquito on the baking sheet, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, making a total of eight taquitos.
- Brush the tops of the taquitos with the olive oil.
- Bake for 14 to 16 minutes, until the taquitos are golden brown and crisp.
- If some of the avocados have started to slide out of the taquitos, use the back of a spoon to push them back in. Let the taquitos rest for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information based on using my recipe for Simple Hummus Without Tahini.
Serving size: 1 taquito Calories: 258 Fat: 14.5 Saturated fat: 3.5 Carbohydrates: 26.5 Fiber: 6.4 Protein: 6.8