Avocado Caprese Chicken QuesadillaSweet Peas and Saffron
(You save )
Avocado Caprese Chicken Quesadilla
A fun and unique twist on a quesadilla: tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, avocado and chicken are fried up, then drizzled with an amazing balsamic reduction!
- ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 12-inch tortillas
- 16 slices of mozzarella cheese
- 1 bunch of fresh basil (approx 10 leaves per quesadilla)
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes, halved (approx 8-10 tomatoes per quesadilla)
- 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- salt and pepper
- 2 avocados, sliced (half avocado per quesadilla)
- In a small pot, combine the vinegar and brown sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer (uncovered), stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes, until reduced by half.
- Cool as much as possible before serving (place in fridge if possible).
- Best chilled overnight, but may be used once cooled to room temperature.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and heat over medium heat.
- While pan is heating, assemble quesadillas as shown in photos above, by scattering mozarella, basil leaves, tomato halves, chicken and avocado slices over half of the tortilla. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to frying pan, flip the empty side over the filled side. Place a dinner plate over the quesadilla, cover with a pot lid, and cook until golden brown, 2-4 minutes.
- Gently flip the quesadilla, re-apply the dinner plate and pot lid, and cook until the other side is golden brown, another 2 or so minutes.
- Serve immediately, and don't forget to drizzle generously with the balsamic drizzle!