The ultimate low carb, healthy and refreshing summer appetizer or light meal: Asian cucumber rolls with shrimp, avocado and wasabi aioli. Gluten Free + Dairy Free.
20 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1-2 large English cucumbers, thinly sliced on a mandolin
- 1-2 avocados, halved and sliced into 6 pieces per half
- few tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 15-30 large shrimp, boiled until cooked through, peeled and deveined
- For the sauce:
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons gluten free tamari
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 limes, zested
- optional: Sriracha as a garnish
- In a bowl combine the sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Place a cucumber slice in front of you and spread a teaspoon of the sauce on the cucumber.
- Press an avocado slice into the sesame seeds on both sides.
- Place the avocado and shrimp on tops of the cucumber slice and tightly, but gently roll the cucumber. Cut off the last 1-3 inches of the cucumber (if you don't want too much cucumber in each roll)
- Repeat for remaining ingredients.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- Garnish with a drizzle of Sriracha.