- 4 to 5 tart apples, we used Pink Ladies
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup sugar
- wondra flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- cinnamon and sugar, to taste
- 1 (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 small container cool whip (or 1 cup whipping cream with 1/2 cup sugar- whipped until stiff)
- 1 cup caramel sauce (store bought or recipe HERE )
- In a fry pan, or deep fryer heat vegetable oil for frying.
- Mix together the buttermilk and sugar in a medium size bowl. Peel and slice apples and add them to the buttermilk mixture as you go to prevent browning.