EASY LEMON CHICKEN POTATO CASSEROLE
This delicious Lemon Chicken Potato Casserole is simple to make, and full of that classic creamy lemon flavor you love!
- 2.5 cups condensed cream of mushroom OR cream of chicken soup (the equivalent of 2 cans)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1.5 lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, very thinly sliced (no thicker than 1/8")
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small white onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced and halved (into half coins)
- (optional garnish: chopped fresh parsley or fresh thyme)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Add condensed soup and milk to a saucepan and whisk to combine. Heat over medium-high heat until simmering, stirring frequently. When it reaches a simmer, remove from heat and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a separate large mixing bowl, add potatoes, onion, garlic, and chicken. Pour in the condensed soup mixture, along with a generous pinch of salt and pepper, and gently toss to combine until the potato and chicken mixture is evenly coated.
Transfer mixture to a 9 x 13 baking dish. Tuck lemon wedges into the mixture randomly. Then cover the top of the pan with aluminum foil.
Bake for 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Carefully remove the foil, and change oven to the high "broil" setting. Broil the casserole for an extra 2-3 minutes to crisp up the top, watching very carefully so that it does not burn.
Remove pan from oven and serve warm.
If you make this recipe, be sure to snap a photo and hashtag it #GIMMESOMEOVEN. I'd love to see what you cook!