Grilled Salmon Puttanesca
- 1 ¼ pound boneless salmon filet, skin removed cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons dry red wine, such as Pinot Noir or Chianti
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes, preferably fire roasted
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pitted olives, such as Kalamata
- 1 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Preheat grill to high heat. If using charcoal grill place grill grate over the fire to preheat. Coat salmon with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Sprinkle salt over the salmon.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often until the onion is soft and translucent and just starting to brown, 6 minutes. Add wine, increase heat to high and cook, stirring often until the wine is mostly evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, olives, capers, oregano and pepper and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Simmer until thickened slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Once grill is hot, if using gas grill with three burners, turn off one burner and reduce other two burners to medium-high. For a two burner gas grill turn off one and leave the other on high. If using a charcoal grill, empty coals from chimney onto one side or rake coals to one side of the kettle. Place grill on top of coals and let pre-heat for a minute. Rotate grill grate so hottest part is over the cooler side. Place fish, skinned side up, on the side of the grill with no heat under it. Place cover on grill (with vents open if using kettle grill) and allow the fish to cook, undisturbed until cooked to desired doneness, 6 to 10 minutes.
- Serve salmon with sauce topped with parsley.
32 g protein.Sat Fat 2g. Fiber 2 g.
Glslmpts - Recipe