|Brie-Stuffed Soft Pretzels with Rosemary & Sea Salt|| |
- 1½ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2¼ tsp instant yeast
- 4½ cups flour
- ½ stick (2oz) butter, melted
- 220g brie cheese, sliced
- 8 cups water
- ½ cup baking soda
- Olive oil, for brushing
- Sea salt
- Fresh rosemary, for garnish
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together water, sugar, salt and yeast; let sit for 5 minutes until frothy. Using the dough hook, add the flour and butter, mixing on low speed until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, approximately 5 minutes. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 18-inch rope, then flatten rope so it's more of a long rectangle. Place brie cheese in the center, then roll dough back into a rope shape, pinching the edges to ensure all the cheese is completely encased in the dough. Shape into pretzels.
- When ready to eat, preheat the oven to 425°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Bring the water and baking soda to a boil in a pot.
- Using a flat spatula, drop the pretzels into the boiling water and boil for 30 seconds. Depending on the size of your pot you may need to boil one at a time. Remove pretzels from the water, drain and place on the baking sheets. Brush the top of each pretzel with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh rosemary. Bake until golden and puffed, 12-14 minutes. If the pretzels were frozen, bake for an extra 1 to 2 minutes. Serve warm.
*Soft pretzel recipe adapted from Smells Like Home